What is C/4HANA?Friday, July 20, 2018
During SAPPHIRE 2018, SAP announced a bold move and introduced C/4HANA – an umbrella term for SAP’s solutions in the field of Customer Experience for Enterprise. However, the importance of customer experience is increasingly recognized and expected, and the potential market is enormous. Hence, it’s not surprising that SAP decided to focus on this market, which in many ways, has been led by Salesforce.
What does C/4HANA consist of?
There are five solutions included in the portfolio:
- SAP Marketing Cloud (based on SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud)
- SAP Commerce Cloud (based on SAP Hybris Commerce Cloud)
- SAP Sales Cloud (combining SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales, SAP Subscription Billing and CallidusCloud)
- SAP Service Cloud (combining SAP Hybris Cloud for Service, SAP Customer Engagement Center and CoreSystems)
- SAP Customer Data Cloud (based on Gigya).
SAP is not making it easy on us within the naming space, but let’s try our best to follow. An interesting thing to notice is that all the solutions are cloud-based, can be used in any combination either as standalone or integrated with both S/4HANA and ECC.
Why is it good?
Just as with S/4HANA, SAP has made a huge effort in combining the different products into a truly integrated platform, with out-of-the-box components that can be combined and configured in a simple manner rather than spending expensive hours on custom-made customisation and integrations. This is good news, especially for companies using SAP ERP and needing to improve in the CX-space.
The promise of the portfolio is very exciting. I certainly hope to see more content coming from SAP regarding C/4HANA in action and very much looking forward to engaging with our customers starting their C/4HANA-journey! What’s your experience?